Welcome! The Register of Deeds is a county based office who works with several government entities to bring services to the public on a local level.
This office is a storage facility for a host of local documents from land title transfers to birth, death and marriage records. This office has a wealth of information.
WARNING NOTICE: A notice entitled ” RECORDED DEED NOTICE” has recently been sent out by a private company and is not being sent to you by your local Register of Deeds. This Notice is a SOLICITATION and nothing you are required to do. If you want to obtain a copy of your deed, this can be provided to you for a few dollars by stopping by this office and giving us your name and legal description.
Register of Deeds
Phone: (605) 995-8616
Elected in 1994
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Chief Deputy: Darlene Bailey|
|Email: ROD1@davisoncounty.org||Office: (605) 995-8616|
|Deputy: Teri Burgess||Fax: (605) 995-8648|
E-RECORDING COUNTY PROCEDURES (NEW 04-25-17)
Primary Functions of the Davison County Register of Deeds:
- County Real Estate Record Filings
- E-RECORDING COUNTY PROCEDURES
- Recording of Real Estate Document
- Recording Fees
- Statewide Fee Brochure for Register of Deeds of South Dakota
- Checklist to Record Documents
- Document Standards <WORD> or <PDF>
- NOTICE – PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION <HTML LINK> or <PDF>
- Transfer Fee Exemption Statute
- How to Change or Add names to a Deed
- How to Remove a Name of Deceased Owner from Title
- What to do if the Original Document is Lost
- Lot Lines
- Vital Records Department (Obtain certified copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Records)
- Military Discharge Filings
- Lien Filings
- Business Name Filings
- Uniform Commercial Code Filings (Fixture Filings attached to Real Estate)
Other Helpful Links: