DAVISON COUNTY TREASURER
Christie N. Gunkel
Elected in 2013
Administrator: Christie Gunkel
- Office: (605) 995-8617
- Fax: (605) 990-8618
- Office Location: Davison County Courthouse, 1st Floor
- Office Hours: 8-5pm Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/christie.gunkel
Jordyn Traversie – Jordynt@davisoncounty.org
To Pay Property Taxes, click Pay Property Taxes
ESCROW COMPANIES~ Call us at 605-995-8617 for rates to get the file directly downloaded to you.
Davison County Online Payments
- Auditor Misc Fees
- Confinement Fees
- County Poor Lien Fees
- Court Appointed Attorney Fees
- Juvenile Detention Fees
- Property Tax Fees
- Treasurer Misc Fees
Treasurer’s Office Duties:
South Dakota License renewal schedule:
Registration on commercial, non-commercial, trailers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and boats are done on a staggered licensing system based on the first letter of the owner’s last name or in the case of a business on the beginning letter of the business’ name. A driver’s license, Social Security Number, or FEIN is REQUIRED for at least ONE owner of vehicle to renew. Renewal months are as follows:South Dakota License renewal schedule:
|January||A / B|
|February||C / D / E|
|March||F / G / J|
|May||H / I / O|
|June||K / L|
|July||M / N|
|August||P / Q / R|
|November||T / U / V / W / X / Y / Z|
SIGN UP FOR OUR TEXT CLUB REMINDER CLUB~ Call 995-8617 on how to sign up!
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Fill out the application in BLACK INK ONLY
- Do NOT sign the application until you come into the office
- Do NOT use white out for mistakes. Use one line to cross out the mistake.
- Parents names should be listed as printed on birth certificate.
1. Certified Copy of birth certificate
2. Passport Picture – We now offer passport pictures for $15.00
3. Valid Driver’s License
4. Personal Checks
Motor Vehicle Title Information
Licenses are renewable up to 90 days before assigned month (in person or by mail). Please bring registrations or titles for each vehicle you wish to license.
A Self Service Terminal is located at County Fair of Mitchell (24 Hours a day) – (IF THEY ARE NOT EXPIRED More than 30 Days) Online at http://www.sdcars.org
When registering a vehicle you have recently purchased, please bring the SD drivers license or social security number of all individuals to be placed on the title.
Handicap Permit – Your Doctor should have these applications in their office to fill out. If you currently have one that will expire within 2 months you can have it renewed by just filling out a new application in the Treasurer’s Office.
Titles with open liens cannot be transferred. Liens are indicated on the front lower portion of the title, and can be released at the Treasurer’s office.
IF YOU PURCHASE OUT OF STATE
If you paid tax in another state you will need a form signed by the dealer to verify the tax was paid or you will be required to pay 4% SD excise tax.
Trailers, Travel Trailers, Campers, horse trailer, etc. (excludes Semi Trailers) – You must have a scale ticket, printed picture of the scale tag attached to trailer or the manual that states the dry weight, un-laden weight, or empty weight.
GVWR – Gross vehicle weight will not work as this is the maximum weight and we need the empty weight for licensing.
- Other requirements
- Number of Wheels
- Width and Length
- Purchase Order
State of South Dakota Motor Vehicle Forms
Property Tax Information
- The first half of property taxes are due April 30, and the second half are due October 31 of each year. Please bring your tax notices with you.
- There is a 10% Annual penalty for delinquent taxes.
- Monthly payment plans are available.
- Those wishing to pay by credit card may do so by going to www.Govteller.com. Credit card fees vary.
- Tax payments may be sent to the Treasurer’s Office at 200 East 4th Ave., Mitchell, SD 57301 and MUST be postmarked by April 30 or October 31, respectively. Please send your tax stubs to ensure proper credit to the correct parcels of land.
Search Property Tax Values in Davison County
- Viewable/Searchable Database, as well as directions, are available @ Davison County Taxes
- If you are familiar with our system you can access the direct link to the database @ Direct Access to Database