South Dakota Department of Health
Office of Family and Community Health
For information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) please see below.
|Free Flu Shots!!!
Mitchell Area Flu POD is offering free flu vaccine to children 6 months-18 years of age. Limited vaccine also available for adults. This will be held Tuesday October 19th from 3:00-7:00PM at the Corn Palace.
Consent form below must be completed prior to arrival at the POD and can be printed from the below link.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED!
|Office Location: Davison County North Office|
|1420 N Main St. Mitchell SD 57301||Office: (605) 995-8050|
|https://doh.sd.gov/||Fax: (605) 995-8058|
Services Provided Include:
- WIC (Women, Infants, Children Supplemental Food and Education Program)
- Growth and Development Screening and Guidance
- School Health Screenings and Education
- Prenatal Education and Postpartum Services
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Access to Certified Lactation Consultants
- Tuberculosis Testing and Case Management
- General Public Health Services
- Jenna Auch Registered Nurse & CLC
- Carissa Shinstine Registered Nurse
- Alex Loes Registered Dietitian
- Danielle Radel Clerical
- Angela Seitz Clerical
- Evie DeWitt Breastfeeding Peer Counselor & CLC firstname.lastname@example.org
Community health services– 605-995-8050
breastfeeding peer counselor– 1-855-384-milk(6455) or 605-789-help(4357)
Community Health Services & WIC: DOHMitchellClinic@state.sd.us
Secretary of Dept. of Health
600 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-2536
- Local Pierre Phone – (605) 773-3361
- Toll Free in State – 1-800-738-2301
- General Emails – DOH.INFO@state.sd.us
Current & Upcoming Events/Meetings:
A novel coronavirus is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified. The virus causing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, like the common cold.
A diagnosis with coronavirus 229E, NL63, OC43, or HKU1 is not the same as a COVID-19 diagnosis. Patients with COVID-19 will be evaluated and cared for differently than patients with common coronavirus diagnosis.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
SD COVID-19 Information Line Call- 1-800-997-2880
For more information refer to the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For current information that is happening in South Dakota, refer to the Department of Health website https://doh.sd.gov/news/Coronavirus.aspx
Phone: (605) 995-8050
Fax: (605) 995-8058
Davison County North Offices (Previous Central Electric Building)
1420 N. Main St.
Mitchell, SD 57301