South Dakota Department of Health
Office of Family and Community Health and Local Area Family Planning
|Free Flu Shots!!!
Mitchell Area Flu POD is offering free flu vaccine to children 6 months-18 years of age. College/Tech age students can also get a free flu shot when they show their student ID. This will be held Tuesday October 15th from 3:30-6:30PM at the Corn Palace.
Below is a flu consent that can be printed and sent with a child if parent is unable to be present with child for the clinic.
|Office Location: Davison County North Office|
|1420 N Main St. Mitchell SD 57301||Office: (605) 995-8050|
|https://doh.sd.gov/||Fax: (605) 995-8058|
Services Provided Include:
- WIC (Women, Infants, Children Supplemental Food and Education Program)
- Family Planning Services are sliding fee scale based and include:
- Birth Control (many different options from oral to IUD)
- STI Testing and Treatment
- Yearly Female Physical Exams
- Growth and Development Screening and Guidance
- School Health Screenings and Education
- Prenatal Education and Postpartum Services
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Access to Certified Lactation Consultants
- Tuberculosis Testing and Case Management
- General Public Health Services
- Jenna Auch Registered Nurse & CLC
- Becky Erdahl Registered Nurse & CLC (Family Planning)
- Angela Eide Registered Nurse
- Danielle Radel Clerical
- Angela Seitz Clerical
- Marcy VanZee Clerical
- Evie DeWitt Breastfeeding Peer Counselor & CLC firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Planning– 605-995-8040
Community health services– 605-995-8050
breastfeeding peer counselor– 1-855-384-milk(6455) or 605-789-help(4357)
Community Health Services & WIC: DOHMitchellClinic@state.sd.us
Family Planning Services: mitchellFP@state.sd.us
Secretary of Dept. of Health
600 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-2536
- Local Pierre Phone – (605) 773-3361
- Toll Free in State – 1-800-738-2301
- General Emails – DOH.INFO@state.sd.us
Current & Upcoming Events/Meetings:
Stopping the Flu Starts with You
Influenza (the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent seasonal flu is by getting a seasonal flu vaccination each year.
Each year in the United States on average, 5% to 20% of the population gets the flu; on average, more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu-related complications, and; about 36,000 people die from flu-related causes. Some people, such as older people, young children, and people with certain health conditions, are at high risk for serious flu complications.
Phone: (605) 995-8050
Fax: (605) 995-8058
Davison County North Offices (Previous Central Electric Building)
1420 N. Main St.
Mitchell, SD 57301