District 5 (R)
Term Began 2007
John Represents District 5 in Davison County, which falls in the northwest corner of the city of Mitchell.
To see a detailed map of the Districts, click on Commission Districts or see the map below.
John was elected to the Commission in 2006 and began his first term in 2007 and was re-elected in 2010 and 2014.
John currently is the owner and operator of "Home Inspection Associates of Mitchell".
John currently sits on the following Boards, Committees, or is a Member of an Organization relative to being a County Commissioner:
- Risk Management Committee
- District III Executive Board
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Legislative Contact
- Highway Board
- Weed Board
- North Office Building Committee
- Technology Committee
- Southeast Juvenile Detention Alternative Task Force
- National Association of County Officials (NACO)
- South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (SDACC)
- President of the South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (2010-2011)
- Southeast Central District Association of County Commissioners and Officials
- Chairman of the Southeast Central District Association of County Commissioners and Officials (2010-2012)
- Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce
- Chamber Governmental Affairs Committee
Commissioner District Map
Contact Commissioner Claggett
Phone: 605-996-3898 (H), 605-770-7248 (C)