District 4 (R)
Term Began 2009
Denny Represents District 4 in Davison County, which falls in the northeast corner of the county.
To see a detailed map of the Districts, click on the Commission page or see the links below.
Denny was appointed to the Commission in 2009, then elected in 2010 and Re-elected in 2012, 2016, & 2020.
Denny served 28 years in the military achieving the enlisted rank of Sergeant First Class and the Officer rank of Lt. Colonel.
He enjoys spending time with his wife, three children, and 12 grandchildren.
Denny currently sits on the following Boards, Committee or is a Member of an Association relative to being a County Commissioner:
- Emergency Management/ 911 Committee
- Alcohol Center/Mental Health Board
- Union Negotiations
- Legislative Contact
- Personnel Policy Review Committee
- Highway Board
- LEPC Representative
- Lower James River C& D Representative
- Soil Conservation Committee
- Davison County Drainage Board
- South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (SDACC)
- Vice Chairman of the Veteran’s Affairs Committee for the Association of South Dakota Counties
- National Association of County Officials (NACO)
- South East Central District Association of County Commissioners and Officials
- Graduate of Mitchell High School
- BA Degree in Human Resource Management from the University of Sioux Falls
- Attended the USA Command and General Staff College
Some of Denny’s Current and Past Community Service Organization Involvement include:
- American Legion
- SD National Guard Color Guard
- SD Enlisted Association
Commissioner District Maps
Contact Commissioner Kiner
Phone: 605-995-0444 (H) 605-999-8816 (C)