District 2 (R)
Term Began 2013
Randy Represents District 2 in Davison County, which falls in the southeast corner of the city of Mitchell.
To see a detailed map of the Districts, click on the Commission page or see the links below.
Randy started his term in 2013 after being elected to the Commission in 2012. He was re-elected in 2016 & 2020.
Randy is an Appraiser at Ace Appraisal and is married to Rochelle and has lived in Mitchell 34 years.
They have 3 grown children.
Randy currently sits on the following Boards and Committees, or is a member of an Associations relative to being a County Commissioner :
- Health Insurance Committee
- Legislative Contact
- Serviceman’s Memorial Cemetery Board
- Personnel Policy Review Committee
- Wage Committee
- Highway Board
- Liaison to County Health Nurse
- Mitchell Regional POD Manager
- Mitchell Housing Commission
- North Offices Building Committee
- County Buildings’ Space Committee
- National Association of County Officials (NACO)
- South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (SDACC)
- South East Central District Association of County Commissioners and Officials
Educational Background: Bachelor of Science In Nursing from SDSU
Commissioner District Maps
Contact Commissioner Reider
Phone: 605-996-6075 (H) 605-770-2764 (C)