District 1 (R)
Kim Weitala – Vice Chair
Term Began 2012
Kim Represents District 1 in Davison County, which is the southwest corner of Mitchell. To see a detailed map of the Districts, click on the Commission page or see the links below.
Kim was appointed to the Commission in 2012, then elected in 2014 to start her first full term in 2015.
Kim has been the Branch Manager/Travel Agent at AAA Travel Agency since 1987.
Kim currently sits on the following Boards, Committees, or is a member of an Association relative to being a County Commissioner:
- Davison/Hanson Extension Board
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Union Negotiations
- Legislative Contact
- Highway Board
- Landfill Board
- Library Board
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- James River Water Development District
- Mitchell Housing Commission
- County Building Space Committee
- National Association of County Officials (NACO)
- South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (SDACC)
- South East Central District Association of County Commissioners and Officials
Commissioner District Maps